Film when you need it.

Grandpa Ron

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off let me say that this is not a film vs. digital discussion. I is an attempt at some unique photography.

Being and incessant diddler I decided to try a pinhole camera project. This required a camera with a removable lens. In my world that meant digging out one of my old 35 mm SLR film cameras.

I received dire warning that film and processing were nearly extinct or extremely expensive. Well compared to my digital down loading; film does cost more but it certainly is not extinct, our local Walgreens will still sell it and send it out for processing.

However, I just ordered a 4 pack of 200 ASA color film on line for $10.00 and there are a couple of processing places on line that will develop and return a disk and negatives for $11.00 a rolls. So adding a bit for postage, for about $15.00 a roll, I be able to down load my pinhole camera pictures. Not cheap but less than some of my other hobbies.

Also, should I have an award winning classic piece of art work, :1398: I will have the negative.

Have fun

I do a lot of pinhole on a couple vintage SLRs with pinhole caps. The local drug mart will develop it with scans only, no prints for about $3-$4, same or next day pickup. The problem is I am not sure they keep the scanners & negatives clean. I have found hair and dust on the scans some of which I believe was not the result of entering the pinhole even thought that sometimes happens. I Just cloned them out. For $11 I get it done professionally at the local Dodd camera store. Unfortunately no download, have to wait until I can pick them up. Many, many years ago I did my own black and white developing briefly, too lazy to do that again. So there is a cost factor but I love doing film pinhole, will look forward to seeing some of your posted photos, enjoy.

Last edited:
So glad I work in a camera store/lab that still embraces film. We charge $10.95 for color print film processed and scanned (3070 x 1980) to media or drop box and of course we give you back your negs.

Most reactions

Back