What's new

Filter sizes?

Damn - you caught me.

Well, we know that they are both 52mm... What is the thread pitch? If they are not the same, it will not work.

Report back when you have found that out.
 
Damn - you caught me.

Well, we know that they are both 52mm... What is the thread pitch? If they are not the same, it will not work.

Report back when you have found that out.

I'm on your side, you must not have caught the sarcasm in my statement.

Don't know how to check or know pitch until you try. 52mm might fit 52mm, only way to know is to try.

I dunno, just reading some of the questions and comments here on TPF, I realize that "there is no such thing as a...."

But some of them here on TPF sure come close.

I consider you one of the good guys, so my apologies to you.
 
To the OP -

Thread pitch is pretty much standardized throughout all filter/camera manufacturers - the filter will work.

Ignore our little games...at least one of us has been drinking tonight, lol.
 
To the OP -

Thread pitch is pretty much standardized throughout all filter/camera manufacturers - the filter will work.

Ignore our little games...at least one of us has been drinking tonight, lol.

I wasn't about to ask a stupid question about differences in thread pitch.

If you have a 52mm thread on the lens, and a 52mm filter...

You can make it fit...

at least once...

lol

And I NEVER drink and type!
 
And I NEVER drink and type!

You make that sound like it's bad or something...

I know when I'm too drunk to type, damnit. I know everyone says that - but I really mean it.

Besides, I can type pretty good drunk...
 
I was mostly worried about differences in the diameter of the lens tube when compared to the diameter of a 52mm end of, say, a Canon EF lens or something. The A590 IS isn't a DSLR.

I'm new to this stuff, gimme a break :P
 
As long as the tube you're attaching to it is 52mm, you should be good to go.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom