Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm about to head off to the airport to come back to the UK for 4 long weeks off rest and relaxation. Spent the morning running round like a loony, but I think I'm ready. 10 minutes till the transport goes, but eveything is packed, fridge cleaned out, passport and tickets in handluggage, what could go wrong?

See you all from the other side very soon...

Never tempt fate by asking what could go wrong!

Safe travels, happy homecoming, and enjoy your r 'n' r.

Well I'm stood safely in Abu Dhabi airport at the moment, still another 5 hours or so until my connecting flight to Manchester. Abu Dhabi isn't the greatest airport in the world. Very small, doughnut shaped and spectacularly noisy. The architectural design serves only to enhance every acoustic vibration to deafening proportions. Note to Becky, never ever design an airport like this - you won't be thanked.

Other than that, things are much they are in any airport anywhere. Costa Coffee shops, large quanties of alcohol to buy, useless (and truly tasteless) gifts to buy and passengers who only exist to impinge upon the meaningless lives of other passengers. It may or may not occur to you that I don't like airports that much, but I do reserve a special place in my heart for this one.... not!

I wish! Economy and loving every minute

But what is there not to like about having your knees up under your chin for too many hours. Soggy bad tasting food and a pilot that takes great pleasure in finding EVERY air pocket and turbulance between there and here and still making you wait even longer with said knees in painfull position while he circles London for the fun of it, or as he would say 'In a Holding Pattern'!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately, that's one reason why I'm on this route, it avoids Thiefrow...

Doing the Frankfurt route at Christmas, but that'll be business class - annual treat and bigger baggage allowance to carry the pressies back with us.

I'm about to head off to the airport to come back to the UK for 4 long weeks off rest and relaxation. Spent the morning running round like a loony, but I think I'm ready. 10 minutes till the transport goes, but eveything is packed, fridge cleaned out, passport and tickets in handluggage, what could go wrong?

See you all from the other side very soon...
Oh well, there goes the neighbourhood :lol:

I am safely back home at last. Absolutely shattered, but where I ought to be for a while. Anne-Marie says hello too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back