What's new

Finally back, after loss of gear.

TordFuglstad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
165
Reaction score
50
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The last month I haven't been able to take any photos at all. The reason why is that I was mugged by two people with knifes while I was covering the memorial concert after the terrible attacks on July 22d last year. They took all my camera gear; Nikon D7000, Nikkor 35mm f1.8G, Nikkor 40mm Micro f2.8, Nikkor 18-105mm, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Nikon SB-700 and my beloved Think Tank Retrospective 30 camera bag.


I've gotten some money back from the insurance company, so I managed to buy myself a refurbished D7000 w/ 18-105mm and a 50mm f1.8D (Which I love) :D I also bought myself an iMac 21.5" 2.7Ghz, which means the time I spend on processing has been reduced. So in other words, I am back and ready to go shoot some photos. Also I'm starting on 500px, looks better than Flickr.


Here are some of the last photos I shot with my last D7000. (Which is the 3rd one in 2 years and 2nd this year, after I got pushed in a fountain on our national day. Some people are stupid. )



20120709-TF3_3640 by TordFuglstad, on Flickr



20120710-TF3_3721 by TordFuglstad, on Flickr


The rest Hiking to Foldalshøgda
 
Thank God for insurance!
 
What are the concealed carry laws in Norway?
 
What are the concealed carry laws in Norway?

Well, you're not allowed to carry any weapon even if it's not concealed. Unless you can prove that it's a tool (Uniform, construction worker, etc.) Why?
 
What are the concealed carry laws in Norway?

Well, you're not allowed to carry any weapon even if it's not concealed. Unless you can prove that it's a tool (Uniform, construction worker, etc.) Why?

Why? Because in the States you can carry a weapon with a permit in public. Next time someone has a knife, you have a gun, and they'll leave you alone.
 
Why? Because in the States you can carry a weapon with a permit in public. Next time someone has a knife, you have a gun, and they'll leave you alone.


This.
 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What are the concealed carry laws in Norway?

This is pretty much only an American law. I cant think of any other country in the western world that allows this and I for one am glad for that.

There was an article here in Calgary that was written to the editor by a Police Officer on vacation from Chicago during the Calgary Stampede. Two people in their 20's approached this guy and his wife asking if they had been to the Stampede as of yet. He told them to take a hike. They asked again - this time he got in between them and his wife and again told them to take a hike. He wrote the article on his experience and slammed Canada and their tough gun laws saying "Canadians need the right to carry a concealed pistol for protection, to be more like the US when it comes to protection".

It later came out these two people that approached him were working a for a promotions company on behalf of an Oli and Gas company in Calgary handing out free tickets to the Stampede. Had this person been carrying - the situation could have ended a lot differently with two deaths - or a gun drawn on them all because they were handing out free tickets to the Stampede.

would a weapon have assisted in Tord's situation? Perhaps... Would it have worked against him? perhaps.... Would he still have his equipment? Perhaps...
 
Last edited:
You're not even allowed to own a gun in Norway, unless you have been 6 months in a pistol-club or if you're a hunter.
I've been in the military and has been trained to disarm people with knives etc. but in a situation like this your mind gets completely ****ed.
I was already a bit moved from the Memorial Concert, on which Springsteen was playing, and being robber wasn't even crossing my mind especially on a day like that. I did what they said, handed over the camera-bag, my phone and my wallet, because even though I maybe could disarm them I didn't want to risk my life. After they got all my gear they ran away. After they got 30m - 40m ahead of me I started running after them, because I wanted to shadow them and maybe report their position to the police. I chased them for 2-3 blocks but lost the sight of them, I don't know my way very well around Oslo. The last track I had of them was a man telling me they went into a building. I didn't want to go inside the building, it would be completely stupid, because they have the upper hand, they know the building and I don't.
 
It's sad you were robbed, and outrageous that it occurred at a July 22 memorial event. I'm glad that you're well and have some new gear. Nice photos, too!
 
What are the concealed carry laws in Norway?

This is pretty much only an American law. I cant think of any other country in the western world that allows this and I for one am glad for that.

There was an article here in Calgary that was written to the editor by a Police Officer on vacation from Chicago during the Calgary Stampede. Two people in their 20's approached this guy and his wife asking if they had been to the Stampede as of yet. He told them to take a hike. They asked again - this time he got in between them and his wife and again told them to take a hike. He wrote the article on his experience and slammed Canada and their tough gun laws saying "Canadians need the right to carry a concealed pistol for protection, to be more like the US when it comes to protection".

It later came out these two people that approached him were working a for a promotions company on behalf of an Oli and Gas company in Calgary handing out free tickets to the Stampede. Had this person been carrying - the situation could have ended a lot differently with two deaths - or a gun drawn on them all because they were handing out free tickets to the Stampede.

would a weapon have assisted in Tord's situation? Perhaps... Would it have worked against him? perhaps.... Would he still have his equipment? Perhaps...

That's probably the longest stretch of a hypothetical ending I have ever read. :D

Are you implying that perhaps something could have happened good or bad during that situation? lol
 
Last edited:
What are the concealed carry laws in Norway?

Well, you're not allowed to carry any weapon even if it's not concealed. Unless you can prove that it's a tool (Uniform, construction worker, etc.) Why?

Why? Because in the States you can carry a weapon with a permit in public. Next time someone has a knife, you have a gun, and they'll leave you alone.

Or they will take your gun and shoot you with it.
 
Well, you're not allowed to carry any weapon even if it's not concealed. Unless you can prove that it's a tool (Uniform, construction worker, etc.) Why?

Why? Because in the States you can carry a weapon with a permit in public. Next time someone has a knife, you have a gun, and they'll leave you alone.

Or they will take your gun and shoot you with it.


Only if you are an idiot^^^^^^^^^ and dont involve yourself in the right training so this doesnt happen. If you are going to take the responibilty of carrying a gun you better learn when and how to use it properly and yes I am a CCW holder and strong advocate for the public to arm itself but in the right way.
 
Well, you're not allowed to carry any weapon even if it's not concealed. Unless you can prove that it's a tool (Uniform, construction worker, etc.) Why?

Why? Because in the States you can carry a weapon with a permit in public. Next time someone has a knife, you have a gun, and they'll leave you alone.

Or they will take your gun and shoot you with it.

Or they will brutally stab you and/or beat you multiple times. Not to sound too hardcore redneck, but I still believe that guns are the great equalizers.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom