What's new

Finally Got A Male Hummingbird

RayboyUSMC

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 12, 2025
Messages
175
Reaction score
319
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been calling the one I have been seeing Greenie. Now that I finally got a male to show up I know why they are called Ruby Throated Hummingbirds. Notice how as it flies away, you can't see the red throat.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_3976.webp
    DSC_3976.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_3981.webp
    DSC_3981.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_3982.webp
    DSC_3982.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_3983.webp
    DSC_3983.webp
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_3994.webp
    DSC_3994.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_3997.webp
    DSC_3997.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_3998.webp
    DSC_3998.webp
    49 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_3999.webp
    DSC_3999.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_4000.webp
    DSC_4000.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_4001.webp
    DSC_4001.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 34
Nice shots. Our hummingbirds have been gone for about 2 months now.
Will be glad when March and April get here.....
 
Nice shots. Our hummingbirds have been gone for about 2 months now.
Will be glad when March and April get here.....
We only get them here during the winter. Arrived about two months ago. Only one pair that I have seen. Also I believe the Rube Throated is the only one native to South Florida.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom