What's new

Cinnamon hummingbird on the Lantana. Finally!!

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
1,446
Location
Corozal, Belize
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been waiting for quite a while to get shots like this.
Until recently, the Cinnamon humming bird would only go to the feeder -personally I'm spoiled and done with shots from the feeder- and would not pay attention to the flowers. It would chase the other types of hummingbirds away from the Lantana but not feed from it.
This all changed within a week or two. I noticed it not just feeding from the flowers but it spent a long time on the plant going to most of them. This is very different behavior and I suspect that this is a new and different Cinnamon. That's my theory for now.
A00_4350PS1 16x9_340 - Copy.webp

A00_4360PS1 16x9_341 - Copy.webp
 
Beautiful. We only get the Ruby Throated here in South Florida.

Those were all I ever saw back in NY, we would put out a feeder every year before we moved.
The Ruby Throated winter here -according to my book- but I haven't seen any.
 
Beautiful! We only see the Ruby throats here in the Midwest.

Nice natural captures!
 
Beautiful! We only see the Ruby throats here in the Midwest.

Nice natural captures!

Thank you.

It is funny how my perceptions have changed since moving here. Back in NY there was "hummingbird season" and it was eagerly anticipated. It kinda created a "get what you can get while you can get it before they go away" mentality.

Now it is quite the opposite. The hummingbirds that I see are here all year-round and visit pretty much all day every day. Due to that, I have become quite picky and am not really interested in getting shots from the feeder anymore. That being said I am glad that I decided to put a feeder out since that was what attracted the Cinnamon hummingbird in the first place.
 
Thank you.

It is funny how my perceptions have changed since moving here. Back in NY there was "hummingbird season" and it was eagerly anticipated. It kinda created a "get what you can get while you can get it before they go away" mentality.

Now it is quite the opposite. The hummingbirds that I see are here all year-round and visit pretty much all day every day. Due to that, I have become quite picky and am not really interested in getting shots from the feeder anymore. That being said I am glad that I decided to put a feeder out since that was what attracted the Cinnamon hummingbird in the first place.
Makes perfect sense! I look forward to more of these natural shots. You're very lucky!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom