What's new

Finally! I'm Super Retro!

Ysarex93 87

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was so upset when I recently realized that 40 years ago when I was starting to take photos I cluelessly missed out on being retro. I lived back then and took photos but I didn't understand back then that I had the wrong "look" in all my pictures. How was I supposed to know? I was just a kid in my early 20s.

Well, with the help of some truly awesome Youtube tutorials and the magic of Photoshop I've managed to achieve Super Retro!

For example this photo was taken in 1974 with my trusty Pentax Spotmatic on a trip I made to New Orleans. It's 39 years old! That young woman playing the cello would look like Betty White right now if she's even still alive! As you can see I screwed it up back then:


retro_01_zps7539296c.jpg



But now through the magic of Photoshop and with some expert Youtube tutorial assistance I can make that photo look like it should have back when I took it if only I hadn't been clueless:


retro_02_zps5f6f636c.jpg



And since the photo really is 39 years old that makes this corrected version Super Retro! I'm so excited; I'm going to go back and fix all my old photos!

Joe
 
Yellow 'em up dude! Grab the "fade" slider and max it out!
 
I understand that the next generation of Nikon and Canon cameras will do that automatically. It's also rumored that there is no setting to NOT do it automatically. They are both calling them the "Days of Future Passed" (with apologies to the Moody Blues) technology.
 
Ysarex! You are a true backwards thinking, forward thinker! :hail::hail::hail:!!! :biglaugh:
 
Ysarex! You are a true backwards thinking, forward thinker! :hail::hail::hail:!!! :biglaugh:


Thanks Charlie. This came about because I had a student in one of my classes bring in a photo that they had "retrocized." :irked::irked: I wasn't thinking; I should have posted this today on 4-1.

Joe
 
Patent this idea to instagram!
icon10.gif
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom