Finally not just snapshots, C&C

aguerra.1993

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out and practiced today, messed with angles and leading lines, etc. I finally think my pictures aren't looking like snapshots but they have something that has interest. Critique is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Shutter 1/200, F 10.0, ISO 100

Shutter 1/800, F 4.0, ISO 100

Shutter 1/160, F 9.0, ISO 100

#1 - I actually found this to be interesting, but critique is straighten the picture and get your ground level.

#2 - I like, but a little OOF (maybe it's my eyes though). Love the rust on the bike.

#3 - Not a bad shot at all. It could have been improved though with a little wider angle and getting those palm leaves or whatever out of the frame. I'm not sure if I love or hate that it wasn't framed straight - guess I would have to see it both ways. Love the colors and leading lines though.

Overall, good job! Keep shooting.

The first pic was on a slight slope. And on the third i noticed the palm when i got home! I'm still learning to pay attention to the entire frame. I am using a kit 18-55mm lens, and it was set at 18mm. I have been thinking of buying a wide angle lens as my next investment, they look like a lot of fun.

If the buildings leaning in the second and third was intentional then you need to lean it more since it just looks like it was unintentional. If it was unintentional then it needs to be straightened. Before you start to include Dutch Tilt in your shots you might want to take a look at why people do it. The vast majority of the time it's just used as a gimmick.

The first pic was on a slight slope. And on the third i noticed the palm when i got home! I'm still learning to pay attention to the entire frame. I am using a kit 18-55mm lens, and it was set at 18mm. I have been thinking of buying a wide angle lens as my next investment, they look like a lot of fun.

I usually step farther back to get a wide angle view, if there are no obstruction in your view.

Mid-day light is usually some of the worst lighting to use for photography.

In #1 the main subject is under exposed.

#2 the light is harsh and flat. Flat means the light is pretty much the same in the entire scene, such that nothing 'pops'.

#3 It was somewhat overcast so the light wasn't as harsh as in #2 but it is also flat.

Shoot in the morning or the evening, and learn how to use supplemental lighting from reflectors or flash - even in daytime.

Most reactions

Back