Finally

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After almost 8 months of not eating, my royal python finally ate a rat today. She is just done swallowing the rat and is now looking for a place to rest and digest.
Im sooooo happy right now.
And thats all
Greetz Daan

Awesome! You should take a picture of her bulging stomach. :)

8 months???!!! (Wish I had that willpower. Teehee)

How long can they go without eating??

well, i heard from some one who had a royal python which wasnt eating for a year. Thats a pretty long time. These snakes are known for fasting when they get stressed. So for some reason mine stressed out and didnt eat anymore. I did offer her food every week. 2 weeks ago i even tried a life mouse, but she didnt go for it. And for some reason she decided it was time too eat again and went for the rat.....big rat too.
Weird thing is, she was still growing in the time she was fasting. She shed twice in that time.
I aint gonna take pics of her now. im happy she ate, so i aint gonna stress her by taking her out of her hide. But she had a nice bulge, believe me :). Probably gonna take some pics next time.
Greetz

Wait. Wait

So for some reason mine stressed out and didnt eat anymore. I did offer her food every week.

So for some reason mine stressed out and didnt eat anymore. I did offer her food every week.

Found your problem for why she was stressed out.

She did not eat in all of 8 months!?! Wow. And she still shed! Incredible.

Sabine did not feed her two snakes for three weeks and after those, even "Mr La-dee-da" decided he would now much rather have a frozen (defrosted, of course!) mouse than nothing at all and devoured first one and - after we had bought a new packet of "mice on ice" - another on the following day! (Before that, "Mr Greedy" could easily swallow three mice in one go while "Mr La-dee-da" would not look at them, he wanted the live things!)

And no, those are not their real names. They are still called "the bigger" and "the smaller".

yeah, im really glad she ate. Was becoming a bit desperate, even tried it with a life mouse. But she didnt go for that neither, so brought the mouse back to the petshop.
Anyways, gonna feed her again on tuesday. Probably gonna take some pics then :)

oh my... I can't imagine a snake eating rat... I don't like such animals but I am glad she is fine and not stressed anymore :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back