FIRE FIRE FIRE!

Snakeguy101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know it is not my best work but the objective was to show a visually interesting before, during, and after sequence of a good prescribed burn. I was really having trouble getting what I would consider good quality shots of this situation. What would you guys recommend? Thanks.

999828_10200303745062500_1948138179_n.jpg

544489_10200303759582863_860998672_n.jpg

59590_10200303755422759_1026851233_n.jpg

well shoot- please ignore the typo in the title. Mods, could you help me out with that? Thanks.

You should be able to click edit, then click advanced and thats where it would let you adjust the title

well shoot- please ignore the typo in the title. Mods, could you help me out with that? Thanks.

I fixed the title for you.

Why?

BECAUSE I AM ABUSING MY MAD POWERZZZ!!!

ha.

(call this a free bump.) :)

Sorry I should have left a comment on the photos. I like them, good job capturing the before and after. I always was fascinated by fire but not the distruction is leaves in its path though. Fire just seems to take on its own life form.

Nice documentary shots. I think I might have closed in on the area around the large tree in the middle of your second shot, providing I didn't have to get too close to the fire (telephotos were invented for a reason :mrgreen: )

WesternGuy

Thanks guys. I chose a wide angle (11-16mm tokina) because I thought it would be easier to show what the fire was really like. I was also carrying a drip torch and had a shovel strapped to my back so I could not bring my other lenses unfortunately. Do you think something like a 50mm or 100mm would have been better for this? I will be getting another chance this spring so I might give that a shot.

As a side note, this was one of 3 prescribed burns. the last one I was not able to get any photos of because the line I was working was too hot and required my constant attention with 35' flames and a growing wind.

Most reactions

Back