Fire in the Valley

Very nice image. The Milky Way is still one of my "elusive" targets, but its on the bucket list. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Thanks guys! I feel a little guilty with these shots, as there isn't much to it. :ambivalence:

Nice where was this? I know your profile says CO but aren't you in CA?

Yea, this was taken in Trinity Alps CA. I'm from CO but reside in Nor Cal

BTW, if anyone was curious this is a 4 shot panorama.

EDIT: or maybe 5 shots

I see. Was this taken during the new moon over the 4th or much more recent? Im trying to determine how important it really is to try to get these shots on a new moon or you are still capable to get this much of the galactic center on say a quarter moon.

I see. Was this taken during the new moon over the 4th or much more recent? Im trying to determine how important it really is to try to get these shots on a new moon or you are still capable to get this much of the galactic center on say a quarter moon.

I'm glad you asked! So, this photo was taken during the new moon over the 4th, very perceptive of you! However, it's not that important. DSC_3694-Edit by Daniel Sanculi, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that I had not thought of looking at where the moon was in orientation to the horizon. Thats great news for me as Ive been having a heck of a time getting clear skies on the new moon. Ive been using an app called star walk 2 Ill have to see if it has a similar feature. Thanks so much for your reply!

You are very welcome sir!

These look great! What gear did you use? I have always wanted to try some photos like this, but haven't had the time to learn how yet. :)

These look great! What gear did you use? I have always wanted to try some photos like this, but haven't had the time to learn how yet. :)

Hi there! Just a D750 and a 20mm f/1.8G and tripod.

Most reactions

Back