Fire Play

Joanie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post to a forum of any sort. My resolution for this year is to expand my photography skills and knowledge by sharing with others. I mostly shoot macro and sports but I am trying to focus on other areas of photography.

Fireplay-1216.jpg

Nikon D300 w/Nikkor 28-70 2.8

Too much fire! I think it's kinda confusing, at first, it's hard to tell if it's one person or two. A well-directed touch of flash would've helped accentuate the persons in the foreground, and eliminated the motion blur. You could try toning down the warm colours, that might make it seem less overwhelming. The composition is pretty good though.

Thank you for the critique. I missed completely on shot I had taken with the flash -- I used way too much. My flash photography is extremely weak. It is one of the areas I am working on.

Using flash well is really an art of its own. I've recently been working alot with my Canon G9 'cause I like the size and unobtrusiveness of a point and shoot. Anyway, I've had to practice working with the limitations presented by using only a small built-in flash. I've actually come to like working with it. A built-in flash can really give some interesting results if you put some effort into using it.

Amazing photo, glad I was not there!
You could play with the contrast a bit and bring out the squiggles at the edges.
Enjoyed looking at it - thanks

Thanks for the advice. I'll play around with photoshop to see what I can do.

I must admit that I was a bit freaked when the boys decided to adjust the logs.

Most reactions

Back