Fireworks week.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that I mention this every year but this town does it right. They spent at least a week each year allowing residents and visitors shoot fireworks for at least a week in the city limits. This year, I was at an event on the first Saturday night to kick it off but got to shoot some their fireworks show with their pond in front of it. Then I went out each night to see what I could capture.

1) The universe and fireworks. This on was cool and looked like a galaxy in the background.

Fireworks_2022-510-Edit.jpg

2) On of the big mortors went off on the ground and I was able to catch it.
Fireworks_2022-854-Edit.jpg

3) Reflections and moonlight.
Palapastock_RL_2022-434-Edit.jpg

4) X marks the spot.

Palapastock_RL_2022-500-Edit-2.jpg

5) The same but different. I thought it was very interesting that the tops of the actual fireworks was blown out but the reflections are very colorful.

Palapastock_RL_2022-510-Edit.jpg

Nice selection. It not the week for fireworks over this side of the pond - despite the desire to celebrate now BoJo is going!
Our local pier puts on a display for bank holiday weekends, but our main displays are all in November & December...

Nice selection. It not the week for fireworks over this side of the pond - despite the desire to celebrate now BoJo is going!
Our local pier puts on a display for bank holiday weekends, but our main displays are all in November & December...

Thank you. We do have some on New Years Eve but it's usually really cold and I don't care to get out.

A very nice set.....

Thank you.

Great shots! Love the reflections.

Beautiful set, Ron, with #3 being my personal favorite. Curious about the settings ... somewhere around F11 and 4 sec. for most and pre focused on something in the area they were shot from????

Great set. Some of those reflections are really dazzling.

Very nice set.

I often feel the same for November 5th. Summer works well on the few occasions I've seen them :)

The last time I shot NYE fireworks, it was like -5 degrees.

Beautiful set, Ron, with #3 being my personal favorite. Curious about the settings ... somewhere around F11 and 4 sec. for most and pre focused on something in the area they were shot from????

Thank you. Most of these were f/11 at 4 seconds and ISO 100. I focused on the lights in the distance, that were basically infinity and switched to manual focus after that.

Great set. Some of those reflections are really dazzling.

Thank you. Yes, the reflections turned out very nice.

Very nice set.

Thank you.

Ha! I feel silly now, because I just took a look at the exif. It was just a lucky guess since that's sort of a standard setting for fireworks with the s.s. varying, depending. I would've looked at the exif before, but I've become so used to not seeing any exif in most people's pics I don't bother looking. also, seeing your pics on my 4k screen really makes a difference, they look super good and sharp! I viewed them the 1st time at work on a crappy monitor. I think I'll just view pic at home for now on.

@K9Kirk, I hear you there. I guess I am a little different with my fireworks photos. I want to get to 4 second exposure as soon as possible and keep it there. But I keep my ISO at 100 no matter, so I vary my f-stop to compensate. I've shot anywhere from f/4 to f/16 or even 22 at times. Typically, I don't like to go over f/16 just because of defraction but when they start them before sunset, I will try it to see.

@K9Kirk, I hear you there. I guess I am a little different with my fireworks photos. I want to get to 4 second exposure as soon as possible and keep it there. But I keep my ISO at 100 no matter, so I vary my f-stop to compensate. I've shot anywhere from f/4 to f/16 or even 22 at times. Typically, I don't like to go over f/16 just because of defraction but when they start them before sunset, I will try it to see.
Different is a good thing, I don't like seeing everything done the same way all the time. I like seeing people taking chances no matter how it comes out. Always strive to do better I say. Who knows what you may discover?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back