First attempt at a macro-photo

Max_Schröder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone.
This photo was taken yesterday, around noon.
I'd planned to try my hand at some photography with heavy mist, but by the time I got out of school most of that had cleared up.
The image is a leaf of grass, about 12mm wide, with the camera about 60cm away from it.
I got the shot just as the sun came over the nearby trees, right before the dew "melted" off.
I really like the glass-like appearance of the little drops of water.
The photo isn't taken with a dedicated macro-lens, but an 18mm one (my camera has a smaller sensor, so 18mmx1.6 equals a 28.8mm lens on a "full format"-camera).
Also, other than cropping it down a bit the photo hasn't been altered at all, as I'm a fan of getting everything in camera, rather than on the computer.

I'm looking forward to your critics/advice.
Thanks in advance,

Max
Cutout + Watermark.JPG

Sorry this pic hasn't gotten any attention.
Just did a search for 'macro' and found it.

I like it! Have you considered purchasing an extension tube for the lens? Ordinarily one extends prime lenses rather than zooms, but I bet it would work...

(...)Have you considered purchasing an extension tube for the lens? Ordinarily one extends prime lenses rather than zooms, but I bet it would work...

I have, but it's out of budget.
I'm currently running a car (fuel, mainly), a cellphone, the photography-hobby and the plan of having a few savings on a 40€/month basis.
So any purchase is a bit of an investment.

But thanks for the feedback and the advice!

Max

(...)Have you considered purchasing an extension tube for the lens? Ordinarily one extends prime lenses rather than zooms, but I bet it would work...

I have, but it's out of budget.
I'm currently running a car (fuel, mainly), a cellphone, the photography-hobby and the plan of having a few savings on a 40€/month basis.
So any purchase is a bit of an investment.

But thanks for the feedback and the advice!

Max
Here's one for $13 USD. Not sure how tight your budget is precisely, but it's at least something to consider: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Y5T464/?tag=hotoge-20

Another resource to consider:
How to Enjoy Macro Photography on the Cheap

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back