First attempt at HDR

richchappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but was hoping for a bit of feedback on my first attempts at HDR, I have read a couple of tutorials online but it is a lot of trial and error in reality.
Some I am fairly happy with but others I am not, I have included a couple to hopefully get some feedback of what I need to do to improve them. I am aware of the annoying glow on the fence shots but not 100% sure on the cause of this? and went a bit too surreal on most of the shot and looking through a few threads on here see that less is often more in HDR shots.

I wouldn't class myself as a real photographer by any means, but I do a lot of fishing and spending time outdoors with a lot of waiting lends itself to having a dabble in photography so I mess about a lot but hoping to get into it a little more seriously this year.

So here we go...

rivertree1A_zpsb6b12135.jpg

river1A_zps3e258300.jpg

fence2A_zps9a28e40b.jpg

MosstreeA_zps82f6771a.jpg

fence1a_zps44a9f544.jpg

Bread1_zps9a62e65d.jpg

Last edited:
post the photo here, there are a lot of people who will not follow links to other websites especially when its your first post.

Whats generally the cause of haloing on them? In idiots terms...

Last edited:
Other then the bread they are all extremely over done, and Im not sure that any of them really needed to be HDR. The white balance in the bread photo is also off.

I liked the bread image the best ...others were too overcooked for me, many like this look so don't listen to me

Exactly what I was going to say. The bread is best, because I can't tell that it is HDR.

Mully said:
I liked the bread image the best ...others were too overcooked for me, many like this look so don't listen to me

I have to agree with Mully but don't listen to me either.

I have a hard time getting over halos. If I see them too prevalent in my images I usually don't bother with that image again. But many do like the look.

Work with the smoothing slider in Photomatix play around with the sliders and get to know what each one does

There's a hair in your bread. :)

Most reactions

Back