What's new

First Attempt at HDR

TimothyJinx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
598
Reaction score
264
Location
Kentucky
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a last second experiment at the end of a shoot. There are several things I would do differently if I had another chance. But it is what it is.

$hdr truck small.webp
 
Hey you know what, this is pretty cool. I dig it. What did you use to process it?
 
Hey you know what, this is pretty cool. I dig it. What did you use to process it?

Thank you. I used Photomatix Pro and then ran it through Nik DFine.
 
looks like something from Grand Theft Auto... nice...

make a tutorial... would love to mess with some HDR
 
How many exposures?

11. Probably overkill but I went from a nearly black exposure on up until everything was overexposed.

looks like something from Grand Theft Auto... nice...

make a tutorial... would love to mess with some HDR

Heck, I have no idea what I'm doing. Snap a bunch of exposures, bring them into Photomatix Pro, tweak and that's about all I know! There are people on this forum who are unbelievable - search them out and you'll see what I mean.
 
Looks like something right out of Hikes Point. : )
I have no idea what that means!
You're from Louisville, KY and you never cruised "The Point"? I have an old friend who lives in the Hikes Point neighborhood. This garage looks amazingly like his except the UK paraphernalia would be U of L.
 
I think that's perfect shot, stunning creation, nothing to do anymore.:)
 
Looks like something right out of Hikes Point. : )
I have no idea what that means!
You're from Louisville, KY and you never cruised "The Point"? I have an old friend who lives in the Hikes Point neighborhood. This garage looks amazingly like his except the UK paraphernalia would be U of L.

Well, yeah I definitely know Hikes Point. But your location indicated you were from Texas so I didn't think you were referring to Louisville's Hikes Point. And this is my brother-in-law's garage and he would NEVER allow any U of L paraphernalia in there! :)
 
he would NEVER allow any U of L paraphernalia in there!
Yes, the two (UK, UL) are rarely seen together. :spank: BTW, your BIL garage rocks!

My first 37 years were spent in "The Ville".
 
he would NEVER allow any U of L paraphernalia in there!
Yes, the two (UK, UL) are rarely seen together. :spank: BTW, your BIL garage rocks!

My first 37 years were spent in "The Ville".


I've been here my entire life. It's been crazy with UK winning the NCAA title in 2012 and UL winning this past year. This is basketball territory here and the fans are in full-on obnoxious mode. Myself included.

Yeah, his garage is great. He's pretty fanatical about it. When I approached him about shooting some pics he was worried it was too messy. I told him it was too clean - he needed to dirty it up a bit to make it look real!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom