First Attempt at Headshots!

Michiyo-Fir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you guys think? C&C encouraged!

It wasn't a paid job, I volunteered to do it having not done it before.

I left them in 3x2 ratio just for now, her version she will be getting will be cropped 4x3.

Edit: Realized there's a lot of vignetting, I'll remove them in post later.

It's a nice enough portrait, but it's a little more than just a headshot.

Can you explain what you mean? This lady just wanted actors headshots for casting and usually agencies are not big on anything too creative other than the set poses and neutral expressions?

The top of her head is cut off, that's what jumps out at me the most!

The picture is nice, but the expression is a little wooden. Don't worry about cutting off the top of the head, that's very vogue in headshots for actors..

To me it looks like the eyes are not perfectly focused or need a tad sharpening.

It's a nice enough portrait, but it's a little more than just a headshot.

Can you explain what you mean? This lady just wanted actors headshots for casting and usually agencies are not big on anything too creative other than the set poses and neutral expressions?
A head shot is normally head and shoulders, not head, shoulders, arms and chest. Cropping the bottom third of the image will make it a more standard headshot. I agree with the others that cropping the top of the head in a head-shot is NOT the best idea, regardless of whether or not it is "in vogue".

What do you guys think? C&C encouraged!

The woman is shown in a slightly unusual body position...her shoulders are hunched up, and forward, arms pulled in and tight...her body posture shows a very closed-off, insecure, and or/defensive/intimidated state of mind.

The black shadow that shows up so strongly where her collarless jacket bunches up at the neckline exacerbates this "hunched" body posture.

The way that her elbows are pinched inward, toward the center of her body-line subtly conveys to anybody who can read body language that she is feeling insecure and/or very vulnerable, making her probably...an actress with confidence issues...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back