First attempt at Macro

RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ordered some cheap extension tubes a few weeks back and finally had a chance today to have a play around.

I think I have also discovered a cunning way of adding a backdrop without too much hassle as well.

The fern frond? is about 11mm wide.

img00281.jpg

smallimg00062.jpg

smallimg0083.jpg

smallimg0085.jpg

PP included cropping, levels and sharpness, all backgrounds are real and not added post.

Further to my post from yesterday, yes I can now see that I do indeed have dust on my sensor, bottom left in last picture and visible in a few of the others, any tips on how to remove other than the cameras built in cleaning?

There was a post yesterday or the day before about cleaning the lens, do a search and I am sure you can find it easily.

smallimg0085.jpg

this is a great shot! love the insect

First try? Really?

These came out great. I love your color backdrops - they add a lot without being distracting I think.

Nice pics. What is your background?

XBox 360 playing music with visualisation on a 40" LCD (about 90cm further back), and I have made up some solid colours and gradients as well that I will have a play with, all I need to do is set up the shot and play a slideshow, again thru the 360.

I used some of my daughters coloured paper the other day and although it worked well it was a bit of pain to change, with this method I can change at the press of a button.

First try? Really?

These came out great. I love your color backdrops - they add a lot without being distracting I think.

Thanks reznap, first try really, however those 4 are the best shots from lots and lots over the course of about an hour for that series, working out the technical details, lighting, FOCUS issues, luck of the draw with the backgrounds, recomposition. So basically try try and try again.

Shooting Live with my laptop also helps the process, because I can instantly see what has and hasnt worked.

Some more shots with the same backdrops to show the tip of the iceberg so to speak of what is possible.

img0070cn.jpg

img0012ox.jpg

img00141b.jpg

img0036ot.jpg

img0019oq.jpg

img0007rr.jpg

Again the only post has been cropping, sharpness and levels, 2 different flowers used and 2 lenses, so basically the same subject in each shot but they each look quite different.

Awesome, thanks for giving up your secret :) I guess that would mean that if you were starting a photo business, you could write off an Xbox purchase? SWEET.:lol:

Oooooooh, I like them all!!!
And do tell, what "cheap extension tubes" are you referring to???

Awesome, thanks for giving up your secret :) I guess that would mean that if you were starting a photo business, you could write off an Xbox purchase? SWEET.:lol:

Lmao, well considering I am already self employed I guess I could along with all my camera gear and all new toys used in the production :lol:

If they want their cut I want mine :sexywink:

mommy22: The extension tubes were like $10 off Ebay, no contacts so aperture and focus have to be set manually.

Most reactions

Back