First Attempt at Street Photography

jonathon94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Depending on your definition, this is my first attempt at street photography. It was during a local festival so I had many chances for photos (but oddly after 3 hours there, I never saw my two best friends). Obviously this is too many photos for individual critique, but what do you think of the album as a whole?

Street Photography - a set on Flickr

You have been here long enough to know that you will get better (and more) comments if you post a few shots! Most of will not go and look at your whole album! ;)

I did take a quick look... maybe you should just post the ones you think are best! ;)

You have been here long enough to know that you will get better (and more) comments if you post a few shots! Most of will not go and look at your whole album! ;)

I did take a quick look... maybe you should just post the ones you think are best! ;)

That was my issue, I didn't know which ones were really my 'best' but I'll see what I can do

I really like the one with the 2 bubble kids. I found most of your set didn't have a street feel. You needed to get closer to your subjects to capture a moment or a feeling or an expression. I wanted to see people's eyes, not their backs. It's almost like you want to get that shot a split second before they notice you're taking their photo. And hope you don't get beat up.

You need to find a way of isolating your subject. In shots 2 and 3, I don't know who the subject is (apart from you pointing them out in the titles) - you can separate them either with DOF, moving around for a better position or zooming/cropping in on the subject. You also need to watch your backgrounds all of which, in these shots, are cluttered with criss-crossing bars, wires or trees.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back