First attempt reversed

theraven

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ravenphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken using the reverse macro technique using a Chinon 55mm f1.7 reversed.

Lit from the side with an led torch.

My first attempt. Will move onto more interesting things! Any hints or tips much needed!

I also have a Tamron 80-210mm and coupling rings to attach to this. Also as a different idea, I'm waiting for the M39 to M42 ring for the Helios 44.
laugh.gif

Plenty of fun! :D

Vintage Camera Case Buckle by Raven Photography by Jenna Goodwin, on Flickr

I nevers used ur lens so i dunno if it can but using a lens witg manual aperture and using a smaller aperture loke f8 you can get greater depth of field in ur macro. I use a reverse 55mm yashica lens with lens spacer and i get great depth field for a macro shot. But ir buckle came out great

The focus on the image is off you have the focus just behind the front of the buckle thus only having a portion of the leather in the buckle and some of the leather to the right of it in focus.like the previous post said for this image you would want more depth of field then you have used.

Well it all depends what u wanna shoot shooting a flat surface i might try narrower . I shot the rings of a log wood straight on and was flat so depth of field didnt really matter . I shot a f2.8 wich was easy at handheld with a really fast shutter speed

Yes, it was wide open and I do have manual aperture, which is lucky! I will be trying f8 and above.

Is there any need to go narrower than f8?

Run a series of tests at different apertures, then pixel peep 'em to see what is sharp, what isn't and at what point diffraction starts to degrade the IQ.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back