DrunkenGiraffe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mother_and_Son_by_bekkkk.jpg

Reach_by_bekkkk.jpg

Last edited:
the first one looks flat. and you can tell they're in captivity. when photographing animals, a goal should be to make the animals look like they are in the wild.

the second doesn't do much for me.

Would it help at all if you couldn't see the fence in the background?

i agree the first one looks flat. needs something that POPS out.

i agree the first one looks flat. needs something that POPS out.

Before

Mother_and_Son_by_bekkkk.jpg

After

wlwio4j0.jpg

Brightness and contrast adjusted, bumped up vibrancy, sleected cow and calf and sharpened.

Focus is more on the background than the foreground so for a shot like this you need to focus on the subject and ideally the eyes of the subject.

This is just to show what a little PP can do, total time 3 minutes (and it shows..lol).

I quite like the tree one. :thumbup: A little soft towards the top but compostionally it works for me.

the first one looks flat. and you can tell they're in captivity. when photographing animals, a goal should be to make the animals look like they are in the wild.

Well, yeah, normally I'd agree, but that happens to be a domestic cow and her calf...so a farm or ranch in a fenced pasture is a pretty common habitat for those animals. I grew up on what we called a farm, where we raised hay and cattle...some people might call it a ranch, but we called it a farm....and the cattle were,uh, raised in pastures and barns...

Well, yeah, normally I'd agree, but that happens to be a domestic cow and her calf...so a farm or ranch in a fenced pasture is a pretty common habitat for those animals. I grew up on what we called a farm, where we raised hay and cattle...some people might call it a ranch, but we called it a farm....and the cattle were,uh, raised in pastures and barns...

:lmao:

Most reactions

Back