First Communion shots of my baby. CC please.

beansprouts3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Reluctantly trying this again.
happy.png
Both were shot at 1/4000 sec, ISO800, F/1.6. I shot them in the garage with a white sheet rigged up against my minivan.

2813_70689392981_644112981_1721852_7167971_n.jpg
2813_70507812981_644112981_1718215_7633802_n.jpg

Need CC before I print. Thanks.

wow! i'm not an expert (just starting out) but those look fantastic!

Did you just open the garage door for lighting or use indoor lighting? I've been taking shots of our 6 month old in the living room with a sheet against a wall, that's the only room in our house that we get decent lighting in.

I've tried using just a regular lamp, but the photos tend to come out more yellowish if i do that, i don't see any of that in your photos.

Looks good!

wow! i'm not an expert (just starting out) but those look fantastic!

Did you just open the garage door for lighting or use indoor lighting? I've been taking shots of our 6 month old in the living room with a sheet against a wall, that's the only room in our house that we get decent lighting in.

I've tried using just a regular lamp, but the photos tend to come out more yellowish if i do that, i don't see any of that in your photos.

Looks good!

Thank you! I used only the light that was coming in from the opened garage door on her right side. It was about 1:00pm.

I'll have to try that this weekend.. if I can get my husband to clear out all his "man" stuff! lol!

I'll have to try that this weekend.. if I can get my husband to clear out all his "man" stuff! lol!

Seriously, just throw a sheet right over the man stuff and PS out the wrinkles. :)

lol, I'm also just figuring out PS, though I have elements 6 so not sure if that's a great program or not. It works for small touch ups, but I'm sure I just need to learn more about it to reap full benefits.

I recently did a pic of our baby in a bunny suit and used a blanket that had patterns on it as a back drop, figuring i could PS out the squares. Took me a couple days and a few trashed images but I finally just said screw it and filled the background with a different color then blended the edges. Doesn't look too bad, but if you get up close to his bottom left side you can definitely see the hack job, lol!

finalbunny.jpg

I'll definitely give it a try this weekend though, your pics look amazing!

Thanks. Your little love is beautiful too!

Thank you!

I wanted to add, there is no good reason I shot these at 800 ISO. (DUH!I know better than that!) I try to go as low as possible with ISO in general. I think these were among the first shots and the camera was still set for another lens that I used to shoot her soccer game earlier in the day. Don't know why I felt the need to add that.

Very nice job.

It's tough getting the right focus when you're shooting so wide open, and I think this is what happened in the first pic. To my eyes the sharpest focus seems to be on the headband maybe? Seems a little soft, especially compared to the second one, although that could be more pronounced from the resizing. The second one I really like, and the only thing I would think about changing would be maybe not cutting off the left elbow. But I think it's fine the way it is too. I'd hang it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back