First DSLR Options

dqniel,

You will be surprised how well the kit lenses do in conjunction with the built-in anti-shake. It really works.

I've done a lot of research on bodies and lenses, but one thing I don't have a firm grasp on yet is teleconverters. What brands are worth a damn and how significant is the loss of sharpness when using a 2x or 3x converter?

2x teleconverters are usually not wonderful, and 3x ones I don't even want to think about. 1.4x teleconverters are usually a fairly safe bet; the image quality doesn't degrade too much and you don't lose as much light either. Brand-wise I'm not really sure, but Tamron make a fairly decent product. As with lenses, it's really not the brand name but the quality of the product that matters, and I'd research the various options and check some reviews, and if possible try using one yourself (I assume in your job you are able to do that) before buying.

As for lenses... there's a fairly comprehensive list here.

It's arrived and everything seems to be in working order from what I can tell. I'm just waiting on the CF card from Newegg which should arrive tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back