thomash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
here are some pictures of my first few days in the US

4843.jpg

4846.jpg

4832.jpg

the first one is great, I've never seen anything like this :p

From where have you travelled to (moved to even???) the States, Thomash?

You have the eye for what is so different there as opposed to what you used to see "at home" (wherever that is), and I like that. I like the newspaper stands best, but also the baseball (?) spectators are a good capture of both, the game, but well in the background, though definitely "American", and the two little spectators in the front. Good idea!

The last one suffers a little from too little light...

I found myself doing the same things when I went overseas ... it's great having shots that "capture the feel and differnce" between somewhere else and home. Prolly not very "arty" but a heck of a lot of fun to see.

I traveled from Germany and now I'm spending a year doing an internship in Portland, Oregon. The problem I have with taking pictures now is that some things that are different for me may be normal here and are therefore only interesting subjects to me, since I'm not used to them. Of course that can also be good.

I always find it very hard to choose the right brightness. On my laptop LCD-screen the last picture looks fine and it doesn't look as good if I make it brighter whereas on a PC-screen it's too dark. What should I do about it?

thanks for the feedback,

Thomas

thomash said:
I traveled from Germany and now I'm spending a year doing an internship in Portland, Oregon. The problem I have with taking pictures now is that some things that are different for me may be normal here and are therefore only interesting subjects to me, since I'm not used to them. Of course that can also be good.

I always find it very hard to choose the right brightness. On my laptop LCD-screen the last picture looks fine and it doesn't look as good if I make it brighter whereas on a PC-screen it's too dark. What should I do about it?

thanks for the feedback,

Thomas

try printing them with a quality printer, and use the print as reference as to how to set your monitor. I think that would work.

here are some new shots, this time black and white:

4884.jpg

4881.jpg

4869.jpg

4873.jpg

what do you think?

Wow, that last shot is really nice. I like it a lot.

Most reactions

Back