first few investments..

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What are some of the first few investments I should start to make (on an extremely limited single mother budget!)
I have a rebel XT and the kit lens, and a tripod.. literally nothing else!

I mainly shoot childrens portraits. filters/glass.. what should I go for in the next few months?

If were you i would get the 50mm 1.8. Its only like 89 bucks and its tons of fun.

Yea, since I got that lens, it's only been off my camera for a bout 2 shots when I needed a wide angle shot of my house. It's been about 3 months since I got it.

Absolutely 100% get the 50mm 1.8. Excellent in low lighting as well as very fast. For the price you can't go wrong.

I have a XT and this lens barely leaves my camera as well. In fact the only time I don't use it is if I'm at the dog park and i'm trying to get far away shots.

What kind of flash are you using?

Definitely a good flash with a rotating head so that you can bounce it in various directions.

Thanks, seems that is the lens that is most often recommended, definitly. I do need a good flash and some filters. What should be the first few filters I should invest in?

Outdoor ..... how about a polarizer filter. It good for outdoor landscape with sky scene. Or anything that will reflect like such as water, windows etc.

You may laugh, but the first investment that I would recommend is knowledge. Having good equipment and not knowing in detail the intricacies of the basics of ISO, shutter speed, aperture and off camera lighting is going to make your pictures a lot lower in quality.

Invest in yourself first, equipment (beyond the basics), second. :)

Most reactions

Back