First Flash Unit!

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok guys and gals. I am now researching my first flash unit. I have the Nikon D90 and looking for some lighting. At the most I can spend is about $250.00 . I want it for taking pictures of Cars and trucks and Portraits!

All opinions welcome!!!

i dont think the 400 is as strong and doesnt have an lcd. you also cant use it off camera. thats without looking it up. just off the top of my head i dont know if its right. easy enough to find out though.

Your D90 can wireless (CLS) the SB-600 or the SB-400. Getting the SB-600 could do you better with the power of light. If later on you want a second flash, and you think the SB-600 isn't strong enough, you can get a SB-900 for your main flash. On the other hand, if you think the SB-600 is better than enough, than you can save some buck for getting the SB-400 for your cross or fill light.

Kcc

edit: CLS = Creative Lighting System, which i-TTL will be available if you uses all nikon flashes. I don't know if other brand will support CLS, but the SB-400, 600, and 900 will surly will.

Your D90 can wireless (CLS) the SB-600 or the SB-400. Getting the SB-600 could do you better with the power of light. If later on you want a second flash, and you think the SB-600 isn't strong enough, you can get a SB-900 for your main flash. On the other hand, if you think the SB-600 is better than enough, than you can save some buck for getting the SB-400 for your cross or fill light.

Kcc

edit: CLS = Creative Lighting System, which i-TTL will be available if you uses all nikon flashes. I don't know if other brand will support CLS, but the SB-400, 600, and 900 will surly will.

Great info thanks for that!!! I think I will try to find a SB600 to start for now and see what happens from then! I will keep yall posted

I love my new wireless remote that I just got too!!! great for when the camera is on the tripod!

Starting with just 1 is a good idea and the SB-600 is ok, but can only zoom to 85mm. That's not bad for the price. If you can get a good deal on a used SB-800 you get zooom to 105mm plus commander mode.

The 200mm zooooom capability of the SB-900 is awesome but $470 a copy.

600 or used 800 as above.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back