First foray into photography, C & C please

Jahxius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there, I've been working on my photography skills lately and I feel I've gotten to the point where I am starting to like my own work, however as I am myself, it is hard for me to spot issues with my photos( especially at my super amateur level)

I shot these using a Sony A230.

I'd love to get some C & C.

Thanks in advance!

photostream

photostream

photostream

Last edited:
I shot these using a Sony A230.

canada_through_alpha__s_eyes_1_by_jahxius-d362jmm.jpg

animals_through_alpha__s_eyes_1_by_jahxius-d362kkb.jpg

england_through_alpha__s_eyes_9_by_jahxius-d362kso.jpg

england_through_alpha__s_eyes_1_by_jahxius-d362jqo.jpg

Ok that should do it...

#1's hurt by the car in the background I think, fence too. Anyway, the background kills this one for me.

#2 and #3 are pretty nice. #3's my favorite but I'm partial to people shots. It's also not the sharpest photo but I like it anyway.

#4 needs to be leveled out so the building doesn't appear to be leaning. Pretty easy edit with software.

Pretty good work. Are you planning to focus on any one area of photography or do you just like to take pics of everything?

why thank you!

NP.

For future reference, with deviant art anyway.. right click the image and click on "copy image location"

Then when posting here, click the 'insert image' button on the top of the reply text box (2nd row, 2nd from right).

That will automatically wrap "

#1 is nice. I don't know why people complain about the BG, it's usually beyond your control (at least the non-moving aspects anyway). But the subject could have been framed better.

#2 is good. I'd personally have got the full head in including the ears.

#3 is the best of the lot.

#4 is slightly tilted I think. Otherwise not much to complain of.

Thanks for the comments so far :)

as for area of photography, I enjoy just everything really, I guess my tastes in pictures is much like my taste in music, eclectic.

Although I guess most of my favorite photos tend to be portraits or macros.

I like the third one the best. IF the guy closest to the camera was either in focus or gone it'd be absolutely fantastic. And for number 2, try not to cut off his ears. As a matter of fact, try never to cut off hands or parts of heads, just a general rule for good composition. Same thing with number 1, you cut off the statues feet. And if the angle was from farther down, I think it'd look better. And number 4, is just a little uninteresting imo.

But overall, well done especially considering your lack of experience. I hope you get a lot out of this site. Continue posting for C&C, I look forward to seeing you progress!

#4 makes me want to see more of the building and less of the framing trees.

Most reactions

Back