First Frost

I think this would be nice as a true macro shot. There is too much oof right up close. Maybe back up a bit and give it more depth of field.

It's kind of cool, but I want to take a step back. It barely fit in the frame so might have been better with a little more space (not a lot, just enough). I like how you caught the light hitting it.

It's kind of cool, but I want to take a step back. It barely fit in the frame so might have been better with a little more space (not a lot, just enough). I like how you caught the light hitting it.
Oh yes yes. I failed to mention the light. It's lovely.

I think this would be nice as a true macro shot. There is too much oof right up close. Maybe back up a bit and give it more depth of field.

I do have a few that have more dof but they don't have the pretty sparkly light.

Yeah I think I went a little crazy with the crop due to the amount of negative space on the right. Here's a looser crop:

frost_0032c by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Thank you both for the feedback.

Lovely photo and light
thought the one OOF leaf pointed towards the camera is a distraction to me ... more DOF would help.

Lovely photo and light
thought the one OOF leaf pointed towards the camera is a distraction to me ... more DOF would help.

Yes, I agree with you on that. Going to try it again tomorrow morning to see if I can get it right. Also have another shot from this group that I want to fix the DOF on. I was at f4, thought that would be enough but I guess not since I was so close to the subject.

Most reactions

Back