First go at Portrait Professional Max 6...

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wife would kill me if she knew I posted these :blushing:

Anyway, these examples are my first go at using Portrait Professional Max 6. Each pp literally only took 5 minutes or less. The process is very fast and I feel have good results. I particularly liked the ability to widen eyes (since the wife has "squinty" eyes). Very easy to over-do it with this app but toned down it works well. It reads my CR2 raw from my Canon 30D and outputs to 16bit tiff. Just thrown together to share with the community. These were very impromptu shots...I came in from work and just grabbed the wife for the shoots. She kept nagging about not being made up :wink:

Original vs. medium PP
orig_norm_1.jpg

Original vs. high PP, too fake, but just to show it maxed out
orig_high_1.jpg

Original vs. medium PP
orig_norm_2.jpg

Original vs. high PP, too fake, but just to show it maxed out
orig_high_2.jpg

-Roy

Something's not right...cause your exposure is being changed and everything is being washed out.
Pretty decent results though. Watch the mouth selection...a bit difficult sometimes.

Thanks...again remember it was my very first time and I only spent about 15 minutes and I was done...I then returned to the computer later in the night to post the examples.
I just did another quick round. I used the exposure/lighting/contrast section sliders and did a little less spot/pore/wrinkel removal and here's the result:

chris_less.jpg

-Roy

Nice with the medium work. I might even take it down a slight notch yet but is an improvement on the original.

I am not familiar with the program you are using, but all your processed pics looks overexposed, maybe slightly desaturated. Try doing one without touching the exposure/lighting/contrast sliders at all.

Well, if I don't touch the exposure/lighting/contrast sliders (which all default to 0) by default the process adds +EV to the whole image, so I had to add negative exposure and negative fill-light.

Even doing this the result is slightly overexposed, so since it's 16bit tiff the post process of it say in photoshop should work okay right?

Here's a new compariason:

new_pp_sample.jpg

Most reactions

Back