First HDR @ Buckingham Palace

protoman_2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Guys,

I'm a total noob to HDR and have recently heard about HDR. Checked out a few tutorials on the net and here I'm with my first HDR image. Clicked it in RAW format and created the pics in different exposures. Comments (both positive and negative) appreciated.

Thanks,

$Buckingham_low.jpg

This is really good for a first try. Nice composition.

The clouds around the edges are looking a little wonky, but I don't know what the weather was like.

Best advice I can give is keep practicing and reading. Once you start masking back in the parts of the HDR image that need help, you'll really be taking it to the next level.

Is it one raw file image converted 3 different times at there different exposures or is it 3 separate raw files at 3 separate exposures?

If it is just one raw file converted 3 times then it's not HDR it's psudeo. But if it is 3 separate raw files then it is HDR.

I like it. It's a good first attempt. HDR is so addictive. Soon your hard drive will be filled with raw files at separate exposures.

Thanks much for the comments.

This was created from a single RAW file with 3 different exposures... So I guess that makes it a pseudo (heard this for the first time though !!!). Will keep visiting the site for expert suggestions and tips.

:)

Thanks,
Rej

It's called tone mapping. Technically, nothing that you view on your computer is HDR. Since all monitors are considered LDR devices, anything you view on your computer is LDR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back