First HDR. C&C please.

I think I know what you mean. Not quite out of focus but sorta like there's Vaseline smeared over the lens in a bad 80's day time soap opera sort of way???

I'm trying to avoid that "dreamy" HDR look and use it in a minimalist sort of way. Might be failing but I'll get there one day :)

I took this other shot with a tree and have a similar issue where it's lighter along the mountain tops and around the tree.

Photomatix is trying to create contrast in the scene. I am not at my computer but there is setting that controls that. I will have to look later. On its own, its fine, but when you combine this setting with others, is when things start to get crazy.

those things are called (I think) HDR Halos. You have to play around with the tone curve to remove them.

i like it but i don't like how most if HDR's i see all appear to be slightly out of focus. to me at least

i think the reason of this (if you are talking about the grass in the first, and the tree in the second) is that when you take the multiple exposures, they move a little during the fraction of a second in between the shots.

Most reactions

Back