First HDR - C&C Please

minpingurl1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first HDR. Made it out of 3 photos. What do you think?
HDRbackyard.jpg

This is the 2nd one I did. This one was made out of 4 photos.
BackyardTreesHDR.jpg

C&C Please. Thanks. :D

Your off to a good start.

number two has a bit of haloing around the tops of the trees, and i think both could use more contrast.

number two has a bit of haloing around the tops of the trees, and i think both could use more contrast.
Thank you. I see what you mean about the haloing. Does that come from something specific?

Thank you. I see what you mean about the haloing. Does that come from something specific?

It comes from the HDR process.

If there's one thing I can recommend it is this:

You can't turn a dull picture into something spectacular with HDR. It doesn't work like that. Neither one of your pictures has a clearly defined subject, which makes them boring.

What software did you use for these?
ANd the halo can be corrected

You can't turn a dull picture into something spectacular with HDR. It doesn't work like that. Neither one of your pictures has a clearly defined subject, which makes them boring. This is the first time I did HDR. I was just trying it out. I just went outside and snapped a couple shots in the backyard, nothing special, I know. :er:[/QUOTE]

You can't turn a dull picture into something spectacular with HDR. It doesn't work like that. Neither one of your pictures has a clearly defined subject, which makes them boring. This is the first time I did HDR. I was just trying it out. I just went outside and snapped a couple shots in the backyard, nothing special, I know. :er:[/QUOTE]

Was just about to say. Testing a new technique rarely brings a subject or anything intersting. At least what i do is test out with random stuff too. Usually my backyard :)

It is good to know which software so people can help you with which tool can help.

Are these the greatest calander photo, no, but they are a first attempt and we all have to start somewhere. So just keep working and practicing and everything will improve, technique and composition.

You can't turn a dull picture into something spectacular with HDR. It doesn't work like that. Neither one of your pictures has a clearly defined subject, which makes them boring. This is the first time I did HDR. I was just trying it out. I just went outside and snapped a couple shots in the backyard, nothing special, I know. :er:

You asked for C&C, I'm giving you C&C. It may not be what you want to hear, but it's valid.

If you just wanted C&C on your HDR processing then you need to say that.
You did well on the HDR processing. You managed to avoid the fake look that so many people fall prey to. Now just find an actual subject...

You can't turn a dull picture into something spectacular with HDR. It doesn't work like that. Neither one of your pictures has a clearly defined subject, which makes them boring. This is the first time I did HDR. I was just trying it out. I just went outside and snapped a couple shots in the backyard, nothing special, I know. :er:

You asked for C&C, I'm giving you C&C. It may not be what you want to hear, but it's valid.

If you just wanted C&C on your HDR processing then you need to say that.
You did well on the HDR processing. You managed to avoid the fake look that so many people fall prey to. Now just find an actual subject...
Thank You.

That's what I mean, the actual HDR processing.

Most reactions

Back