What's new

First HDR Shot with my new XTI

dslrchat

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first HDR shot with my Canon XTI and first time taking pics in Raw format.
This shot is of my Moms Barn.
bhdr2.jpg
 
Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I don't think it came out right. Is this what you were going for?

Honestly it barely resembles a photograph. You may want to try again. What software program did you use?
 
Well, I know I went overboard on this, but I was looking for a rustic painting sort of look.

My first try, I thought it looked kinda neat.
 
If you like it, that is the main thing, I dont think it looks typical HDR, but it deffinatly looks different
 
Same Shot, not so over done. I am basically just starting out and trying new things and and following some different tutorials that I find.
bhdr3.jpg
 
Editing preferences aside, I think the composition is lacking. It seems kind of boring the way you have it composed. I'd go for a new angle instead of a straight-on shot of the side.

Keep trying though. HDRs can come out really awesome when you get the hang of them.
 
I agree the composition is very lacking, which is why I probably went overboard on first image.
I will be able to get some time to take many more shots in the near future.
 
What about exposing in a single frame became too difficult to require an HDR on this image?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom