First HDR

HDR is a tool like any other that photographers can use in different situations.

I admit that when I started looking into HDR a month ago, I was trying it on whatever just to see its limitations and how things work. Then you start to get into seeing what scenes work with HDR and what scenes don't.

Well 1st you have to have your camera set to take auto bracketed shots at different eposure setting once you have that down,take your shots
ev +2,0,-2 raw format, then load them into software

Thats how I started doing mine. Its great to get the idea, but sometimes, doing the straight up -2,0,+2 will not give you the result you want. Maybe the scene is brighter than expected and doing a +2 will blow things out. So you should do a -3,-1,+1. Or even get fancy and do 4-5 exposures.

I found that its very scene depedant. To do this, I simply put the camera in manual mode, get the right exposure, and then adjust shutter speed to get the varying exposures I need. You of course need a tripod for this.

However, if I don't have a tripod, then doing the auto bracket thing, bracing yourself on a pole or whatnot, and then holding down the shutter for 3 quick images will work.

@robertwsimpson Well to me HDR is an art that is separate from photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back