First Micro work!

USCGamecock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

This was shot with my D40 and 18-55 kit lens.
Tech info for everyone: F/5.6 1/200 seconds ISO 200 Exposure -.07 And at 55mm

Hope you like and I would love some C&C from you! :wink:

Nice composition and I'm surprised you got this from the 18-55mm lens.

Seems like there is a yellow color cast over it a little bit and to me is just ever so slightly out of focus.

I shoot with the D80 and the lowest ISO is 100, I'm pretty sure the D40 will do this too?

~Michael~

I think the term you meant to use is MACRO. Its definately a bit under exposed. Composition is ok but because its underexposed im also having trouble finding the point of focus. I think its towards the back of the flower. did you intend this? i would have preferred to see the focus on the side of the flower closest to the lens for this one.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Do'Urden, I was told for nikons it's Micro and Canon uses Macro. If im wrong, forgive me. To be honest I wasn't quite sure what I was doing. I was experimenting with settings and between MF and AF. I'll try you're suggestion next time.

Iflynething, I checked and it looks like the D40 only goes to 200, unless im messing something up, which is highly likely. :D

Thanks guys.

Well macro work in general is called macro. Nikon i think just calls their macro lenses micro's for some reason. but macro is macro its all macro! Gotta learn some how!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back