First Model Shootout! C&C plz

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone..

I have been to a portrait workshop and it was really great, alot of useful information especially regarding the natural light and using reflectors. (It was my first workshop)

Luckily we had some beautifull models to apply what we learnt. I am so excited that I am posting only one as I post process the others. I think this is one of the best shots I took so C&C are really welcomed and I am waiting for them :)

Thank you in advance for sharing what you've got.

c4rs.jpg

A nice capture and a very attractive model. I like the way you have framed her in the brightness of the open door way behind her head; this immediately draws the viewer's eye to her face. I think this would be a much stronger image if it had been shot in portrait orientation and had the focus been sharp on her eyes. As-is, the crop at her chest seems a little awkward to me. Good lighting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

A nice capture and a very attractive model. I like the way you have framed her in the brightness of the open door way behind her head; this immediately draws the viewer's eye to her face. I think this would be a much stronger image if it had been shot in portrait orientation and had the focus been sharp on her eyes. As-is, the crop at her chest seems a little awkward to me. Good lighting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thank you for the comment and I have to admit she is really attractive, during the day I couldn't remove my eyes off her bleu eyes :)

I totally agree with you regaring the chest crop (especially that the instructor asked us to pay attention to that) .. it is a mistake but now too late lol :) gota wait till next model..

Sorry but what do you mean by portrait orientation? and I tried to focus on the eyes and recompose.. I am taking the comments seriously just didn't get what you exactly meant if it off focus or i should focus more on the eyes by composing the photo?

Thank you again John

Portrait = Vertical, Landscape = Horizontal :)

As a general guideline yes. Just as things should be placed on the thirds and not centered. Good principles when you are learning. Understand why you do things, and then take the time and experiment and do things out of the norm.

There is no one way to do something...

True.. I liked this photo most because the subject is centered and still makes me look at it and not the rule of thirds corners..

I loooove the lighting! I do agree I would have taken it in portiat as well but still over all a nice shot.. : ) Good job!

I know that you brush the white in the background. I trust my eyes ;). I dont think you did a good job with the brush. Very messy. I can see it. If you want to see what im seeing, stand up and look at your monitor looking down.

I know that you brush the white in the background. I trust my eyes ;). I dont think you did a good job with the brush. Very messy. I can see it. If you want to see what im seeing, stand up and look at your monitor looking down.

I see it as well.

A good way to avoid doing this is to make a curves adjustment layer and just drag the curve down to darken the image. Then you'll see what's white and what's not. You can then just delete the layer when you're done whiting out the area.

Im also agreeing with vertical mode, just because there is so much space behind her and it feels so wasted that half of her body is cut off. Really kills something that could have been good

I loooove the lighting! I do agree I would have taken it in portiat as well but still over all a nice shot.. : ) Good job!

Thank you :) the lighting was all natural light, no reflectors also.. it was in a tunnel and I seated the model in shade next to the brighter side if that would help :)

hey.. how are you doing ?:)

Honestly, you made me remember the eagle eyes, especially when you asked me to look from top of the screen lol :) I loved the tip although I Honestly didn't play with that (I think I should have) I only cloned the people that were passing by and I think I did a good job as you didn't see where was that.. Here is the one before the cloning..

c4e1.jpg

I see it as well.

A good way to avoid doing this is to make a curves adjustment layer and just drag the curve down to darken the image. Then you'll see what's white and what's not. You can then just delete the layer when you're done whiting out the area.

Thank you for the tip, I noted that also and will do next time :)

Im also agreeing with vertical mode, just because there is so much space behind her and it feels so wasted that half of her body is cut off. Really kills something that could have been good

I agree also with cutting off her body, I learned to take my time in every shoot to avoid such composition,, Honestly, we were 16 with 4 models. Every one had about 15 minutes with each model (and 45 minutes as an assistant for others) so it was kinda tough but.. for first try I am satisfied (first I was really frustrated as alot of shots were really bad :))

You know these other guys are giving you good info with one exception, although I don't like her centered, I do love the big room shot and even in portrait view I would leave the big room feel in. I like the mood it is presenting to me!

You know these other guys are giving you good info with one exception, although I don't like her centered, I do love the big room shot and even in portrait view I would leave the big room feel in. I like the mood it is presenting to me!

Thank you for the comment :) I agree with you.. I like the big room also. My friend told me it looks like a shot of some special classic lady.

I will post some more photos that are not centered and with portrait orientation soon :)

Most reactions

Back