What's new

First night time shooting

Try to open your exposure as your metering for highlights

$8395996713_140a4bcd5c.webp
 
Pretty well done overall. I actually quite like the third one... like I think it's my favorite of the set, and I actually think with a little more work I would personally frame it. It's subtle so it didn't hit me right away, but it's really very nice.

i keep thinking you MAY want to play with curves on it just a LITTLE bit... but I'm not sure. I think you have a VERY delicate balance in the shot that could be upset very easily.
 
Thanks alot manaheim. I know exactly what you mean because I did try get the exposure up quite a bit from the original already, but it was very delicate haha.

And Mully could you ellaborate a bit more on what you mean? I don't know much about metering
 
As said before I think your best shot is number 3. It looks like it served a purpose and you actually put time into framing and composing it, the others just look like a tourist was walking through a city and took a few shots, other than that, the lighting is decent for your first night shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom