First Observations on the 72" Umbrella

@JBPhotog the first shot was without the diffusion cover and as you suggested was probably slid up a little closer team it should have been. I didn't have much time to experiment, something I intend to do soon.

The second shot was with the diffuser sock on and the light moved closer.
I didn't have an issue installing the sock, but I'll definately give your method a try. My problem was folding it back up to go in its pouch. It's like one of those $#%&/(, fitted sheets, no square corners, nothing folds right. LOL

I look forward to your tests.

Ah yes folding it up, I tend to fold it like a round table cloth which seems to work. I end up with a pie shape then keep folding until it’s small enough to store.

It's like getting a down comforter into a duvee cover if you don't know the technique. Like setting up the 7' octa, its not called an octa because of 8 sides, but because it's like wrestling with an octapus.

Adam, non photographers don't notice the ribs because they view prints at the appropriate distance one to 1.5 times the diagonal instead of what we photographers do, the length of our nose.

Most reactions

Back