First of my pictures posted - Torr Head

Jono

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today took us up the Antrim coast road (said by those in the know to be one of the finest in the world - all I know is its blast to hammer along) and ended up in a wee place called Torr Head. Its a place that is a mind blowing drive to get too, single track roads and supersharp hairpin bends.

Torr Head has been used as a lookout of sorts for the last 1000 odd years by many various sorts, from ancient irish chiefs to its last use as a lifeboat and military outlook in the 50's.

Anyway, heres some pictures, all taken with my crappy little Kodak 4MP camera:

The view from the bottom of the hill
TorrHeadViewcopy.jpg

Looking up at the hill
TorrHeadLookingUpcopy.jpg

From the back of the lookout post down to the rocks below
TorrHeadViewtopcopy.jpg

From the roof of the remaining building
TorrHeadRoofcopy.jpg

Looking down from the roof to the rear steps & the cliffs below
TorrHeadRoofviewcopy.jpg

From the main approach, the main building
TorrHeadstationcopy.jpg

Back to the top again, this is looking from the station at the top over the surrounding hills, you can see the road snaking up the hill, it is narrow enough to stop 2 cars passing - classic single track road. You can see a destroyed building to the right or the road below, i'm trying to find out what it was & will be making a trip back to explore around it.
TorrHeadRoadcopy.jpg

Bog to the rear of the building
outsidebog1copy.jpg

View along the side of the building
Sideviewcopy.jpg

Was a nice day, if slightly overcast & cloudy
TorrHeadchimneyscopy.jpg

View down the rear steps to the station towards the cliffs
Stepscopy.jpg

One of the 3 rooms inside
interior4copy.jpg

Another destroyed interior room
interior3copy.jpg

And again inside
Interior2copy.jpg

Final interior shot
interior1copyright.jpg

Ancient outside bog
bog2copyright-1.jpg

Rear enterance gate - complete with traditional NI barbed wire
Gatecopyright.jpg

as I said in my intro post, i'm new to this photography game so all comments are appreciated.

What kind of Kodak is it? I have a Kodak Easyshare Z612, which for my standards, is okay. They're not crappy for a beginner! Just as good as I could do, don't worry. I really like that one with the stairs going down the hill. The angle is awesome.

1 and the strairs one a really nice keep it up!

Wow, Jono, these are many, many pics.
In the future, please always number your photos when a posted series is larger than 3 or 4 pics, ok? For right now I'll go back into your thread and edit in the numbers in your stead, so that commenting is a lot easier for the viewers. But it is very advisable to number the photos, so people can say "I like # so-and-so best because...", see?

Now I'll go edit your thread and after that I might easily say which of these I like best (though I can already say that I definitely like ALL of those that sport this wonderful green!!!)

And I can also already say that I must have been to Torr Head before, though I might not have known the name of the very place, but I've gone along the Antrim Coast Road several times before and love it each and every time I am there. Only the last time my husband almost lost his side mirror - oops! - and after that decided that "hammering along" was not for HIS car, it is a tad too wide, we discovered) ... and we definitely never went exploring in any old buildings. ;)

Now off to putting numbers to your pics.

OK, back from the numbering, and now I can say that 11 is my favourite though I would have liked to either see all of the cliff and some more of the sea, or no sea at all (the latter can still be brought about by cropping this photo, for the first you might need to go back and reshoot ;)).

thanks for the comments. Shall remember the numbering in future - rookie mistake!

my personal fave would be number 17.

My camera is a Kodak Easyshare CX7300 IIRC.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back