What's new

First panning attempt at dragstrip

pbrr1der

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisville, Ky
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first go at panning. CC is welcome

1
4608644974_f6b1dbdb9f_b.jpg


2
4608644646_ce0e034c77_b.jpg


3
4608644298_854d551cb2_b.jpg


4
4608035509_bfa3d5ce21_b.jpg


5
4608036971_3803436571_b.jpg


Out of at least 75 tries, these were the only ones that turned out decent! Difficult technique to get down!
 
3/4 are best, the subject is in good focus. and seeing the person in the car, just somehow makes it a more pleasant shot.

also the more blue =looking road, is cool. looks like something out of a car film
 
The road looks wet on 3, 4?? I can't imagine they would have drags on wet roads though. I like them both though. There is no exif data so we can't really see what you're settings were.
 
good shots and its a good time at the drags. 4 is my fav. it does seem a little odd that there is reflection on the tarmac and its tuff to get it down. i hav e been working on it myself.
 
As states 3 and 4 are your most successful attempts.
 
Great effort! Shouldn't those people be wearing a helmet?
 
Great effort! Shouldn't those people be wearing a helmet?


i think the rule is ... you dont have to wear helmets or have a cage if your car isn't to fast.... but at what point you have to have more safety mechanisms like helmets and such i have no clue

and seems like the slower the car the easier the panning, which would explain the mustangs and the celica :P ... i kid i kid
 
There are certain times that your car runs to require a helmet and the same goes for the cage, which is faster! I'm pretty sure I was using shutter priority at around 1/30 give or take. I was originally trying to get good sharp photos of the cars launch but as the light died, and the fact that I don't have fast glass and didn't want to bump up the iso too much I decided to try to vet some good panned shots.

It's pretty hard to keep up with some of the faster cars such as the rail car and the bike since they accelerate soo fast.

The shineyness on the track is basically from all the rubber build up and track treatment. I don't remember what the stuff is called that they treat it with but it's in a spray bottle like the ones the orkin man uses for dealin with bugs. The track is actually very sticky. Ur shoes will stick to it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom