first panorama of Sedona, AZ

xzyragon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just did my first venture outside of Lightroom into Photoshop. Spliced together 8 images to get this. Next time hopefully I'll have more pictures, but it's impressive how big this is (compared to a standard panorama from my phone).

Anyways, this was pretty fun to play with, so I might keep playing with this to perfect it.

IMG_8145 by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr

As always, tips, comments, C&C, or if you want to chat about Sedona hikes, go for it!

It's got some amazing colors!

Good shot. I don't recognize where you took this from. I haven't been in a while. Years ago I went all time. I have a 4x5
color photo from the top of Schnebly Hill. Also took a 4x5 black and white of Cathedral Rock from Red Rock State Park.
Lovely place, just not as cheap as it once was. :)

Good shot. I don't recognize where you took this from. I haven't been in a while. Years ago I went all time. I have a 4x5
color photo from the top of Schnebly Hill. Also took a 4x5 black and white of Cathedral Rock from Red Rock State Park.
Lovely place, just not as cheap as it once was. :)

Far right of this image is the back side of Elephant Rock / Chicken Point. Left of that is Submarine Rock. Snoopy is somewhere in the Middle, along with uptown Sedona, with Shipwreck Rock behind it. Which puts Soldier's Pass to the left of that, and the far left is the front slope leading up to Elephant Rock. I was at the top of a spire above the flat mesa next to Elephant Rock (34.840379, -111.760130)

My parent's moved there 4 or 5 years ago (SoCal born and raised), so it's always worth the trip out there to go hiking, exploring, climbing, and take pictures.

Great shot! Looks a bit dark on my monitor-not calibrated though....

Thanks guys!

Great shot! Looks a bit dark on my monitor-not calibrated though....

I edited this on a non-calibrated monitor as well. Haven't gotten around to calibrating mine / getting a calibrated monitor.

If you really want to have some fun, do a panorama using a telephoto lens.

Most reactions

Back