First "photo project"

sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right, I've been reading up a lot and think I'm ready to take on a small first project.
I live near Brighton in the UK (work there actually). There are some incredible graffiti murals (Flickr: Search), I want to get a good photo of some the graffiti. As you can see the photos on flickr are fairly plain point and click photos, I was wondering what you guys would think would make a good composition in this kind of scene (and if you have any references that would be massively handy). I'm struggling to get some inspiration of how to layout the composition.

I have trouble photographing other peoples art.
I looked at the flicker search, and most of the images are simply documentary.

You need to look within yourself for what you want to say, and shoot that as opposed to asking how others would treat the subject.

I think the most effective way to shoot graffiti is by capturing people in the frame. Maybe try to show how the art plays with everyday life.

I have to agree with placing people in the shoot....here is a couple of examples i took of my sister against a big movie wall here in town.

amywall.jpg

amywall2.jpg

That's a really good idea, just checked out your flickr, some awesome compositions there.

Thanks! I'm gonna be down in Brighton next week, got any tips for good places to photograph? Where are the murals to be found?

The burnt down pier makes for a good composition, as does the current pier. There are a huge amount of great photo opps it's a case of venturing out the centre and just finding those places. The north and south laines makes for some great shots as well.

Great, I'll post if I get some that are any good!

Most reactions

Back