First photos for comments

Lipoly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just bought Nikon D5000 after drooling over DSLRs for a while. I've done nothing but point and shoot until now. I read the first two volumes of Scott Kelby's Digital Photography books and felt like trying stuff out. I decided to do some shooting in full manual of one of my daughters to get used to my camera last weekend, and here are a couple I felt like posting. Both were w/my cheapo Dolcia tripod.

#1 - f/5.6, 1/13s, 250-ISO, rear sync flash pointed 60deg.
4725936163_8938210316_b.jpg

#2 - f/3.5, 1/40s, 200-ISO, rear sync flash pointed 60deg
4725935717_3dd40c0f11_b.jpg

I'm glad your learning to use M mode. This is where your photography skills start.

personally I don't usuallly like it when heads are cut off on portraits... otherwise, I like the expression she has on #2

Her hand is coming out of nowhere on the second pic. But she is a doll and I like the her expresson on #2 also. Good first pics.

Her hand is coming out of nowhere on the second pic. But she is a doll and I like the her expresson on #2 also. Good first pics.

I agree about the hand, but I would not have shot this one in portrait orientation. Because I like the fact that she looks left and there is a lot of space there, so you can follow her eye and wonder what she is looking at.

Nice pictures!

Nice model.

#2 is better but has this snapshot look. Next time you can try not to have the glare on her forehead...it is lighting issue.

Just my 2 cents.

Never thought about the "hand coming out of nowhere", thanks for the comments guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back