First Photos of First DSLR C&C

WSxHype

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, these are my very first shots using my first DSLR right after reading the Manual, C&C would be greatly appreciated.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Using a Nikon D60 with an 18 - 55mm with VR

The second one is cool. However watch your horizons. Just because your SUBJECT looks level - doesn't mean the composition is.

Cockapoo, great dogs!

Make sure to focus on the eyes (or at least one of them) :)

You seem to have a pretty good eye for composition, keep up the good work and most importantly - have fun.

#1 is blurry / out of focus. I'm thinking either the dog was moving (need faster shutter speed) as I don't see any focus points. The key to taking photos when people/animals are in them is to get the eyes in focus

#2 is sharp. However, the composition is boring. Centered subjects don't make for the best pictures. Look up "Rule of thirds" for photography

#3 Better overall composition, the dog's face is slightly dark (probably due to being the shade). Read up on metering to see how to properly meter a subject in varying outdoor light conditions. Watch your backgrounds as well, he has a tree growing out of his head.

#4 is probably my fave of the 4. The focus however seems to be on the nose and not on the eyes. Watch the centering of the subject as well.

thanks everyone for the advice and C&C ill definitely have to Google rule of thirds.
appreciate it.

While you're googling....

Dogs can be tough to shoot closeups of because it's hard to get their eyes and their nose in focus while at the same time getting a nice blurred background for separation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back