Am I getting a good deal on my first dslr

Trout_Slayer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I’m Looking at a canon t3i with a 18-55 lens and a 75-300 lens for $250, it also has a battery and case and all the paperwork. Is this a good deal? This is my first dslr and I have compared the prices to mbp and this seems like a good deal. Just wanted to ask for a second opinion.

Last edited:
It depends.
Sit down and think, can and will you USE the 75-300? If not, then the value of the package goes down.
But checking at KEH, a T3i is about $205, a 18-55 is about $65. So without the 75-300 you are coming ahead of KEH prices. So the 75-300 is essentially "free." Based on that, the price seems OK.

Make sure that the battery drops free when released.
If you have to PULL the battery out, it has swollen and has to be replaced before it gets STUCK.
Check the date on the sales paperwork. The T3i dates back to 2011, so the battery could be up to 12 years old, worn out, and may have to be replaced $$.
Canon LPE8 batteries are no longer available, so you are stuck with 3rd party batteries. About $20 to 35. Not expensive, but something to consider.

You did not mention it, so does it come with a battery charger?

It depends.
Sit down and think, can and will you USE the 75-300? If not, then the value of the package goes down.
But checking at KEH, a T3i is about $205, a 18-55 is about $65. So without the 75-300 you are coming ahead of KEH prices. So the 75-300 is essentially "free." Based on that, the price seems OK.

Make sure that the battery drops free when released.
If you have to PULL the battery out, it has swollen and has to be replaced before it gets STUCK.
Check the date on the sales paperwork. The T3i dates back to 2011, so the battery could be up to 12 years old, worn out, and may have to be replaced $$.
Canon LPE8 batteries are no longer available, so you are stuck with 3rd party batteries. About $20 to 35. Not expensive, but something to consider.

You did not mention it, so does it come with a battery charger?
yes it comes with a battery charger, also yeah I plan to use the long lens for mountain photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back