What's new

First photos with backdrop, opinions please?

caseysrt

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 11, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
14
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What did I do right? What did I do wrong? How can I do better next time?

$Export_April 27, 2012-21April 27, 2012.webp$Export_April 27, 2012-22April 27, 2012.webp$Export_April 27, 2012-2675April 27, 2012.webp$Export_April 27, 2012-2714April 27, 2012.webp
 
Maybe put a bit more light on your subject. Sure the backdrop is nice and bright, but the little lady is quite underexposed.
 
The backdrop is lit so brightly lit that the light spills over onto and washes out the edges of the little girl. Her face and the whole side facing you has ended up underexposed, so underexposed that I'm guessing you had to brighten it quite a bit in post processing that it has caused the skin tones to look unnatural. So expose for the subject, and adjust your lighting on the backdrop to just take it to white.

If you explain your scene and lighting set up it will be easier to give help. Did you use flash or is that backdrop blown out by some other light source?
 
well posed...well framed.... fine colors.... I can't say anything more

Regards :D
 
Thanks guys, I just now saw that more people posted a reply. I have a newer one for you to review. Here was the setup.

I used no flash for this at all, it was all natural light (outdoors) with the sun shining through the back of the backdrop and the subject in front, I set my camera to spot meter so it would expose for the subject which would blow out the backdrop.

Used a D3100 with a Nikon 50 1.8G and a white backdrop for this one.

$Export_April 28, 2012-28April 28, 2012.webp
 
Holy headlights Batman! Those teeth are positively radioactive!

Same issue as the previous ones - the background is far too broght, or you need to put more light on the subject.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom