First pictures with new Nikon N65

john3eblover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
so i got the N65 for christmas, i have to have a manual SLR for my intro to photography class. i have been trying it out and experimenting, and i guess i'll post a few pictures here. keep in mind that i feel like i have no idea what i'm doing, and also that i used a pretty crappy scanner to scan these. i also did some dorky borders and stuff but at least it makes them semi-interesting

i know, who cares, they are leaves. i'm not sure what i was thinking with this one, but oh well
leaves.jpg

yes, it sucks, but hopefully i'll get it down someday. for now, i can just waste film trying to get it right
splash.jpg

and hey! some tomatoes
tomatoes.jpg

ok bring on the comments

Well, John, I tell you what: backlit leaves are among my absolute favourites!!! :)

You tried to get the drip pic with FILM???
Congratulations! I would never have dared to pull through a whole roll of film for my attempts at "the drip" - if there hadn't been the digital camera that I may use, though it is not mine, I'd never have tried it. You're BOUND to get back a bag of "bloopers" with film, aren't you?

The tomatoes look - compressed.
Are they in a glass?
Their colours would have more effect, I think, if there weren't those blown-out spots of the on-camera flash on them (I assume you used that kind of flash?).

The borders... erm... well...

Yep, drop the exotic borders like a bad habit. The color in the first is great but it needs something else in it. Some focal point. My .02 pesos.

here's another one. the borders were mainly because i think they look cool on a purely black background. but yeah

map.jpg

So?
Now that we've got the map - where is the arrow that shows us where YOU are to be found, John???
(Say roughtly: in the sharp or in the blurred area?)

LaFoto said:
So?
Now that we've got the map - where is the arrow that shows us where YOU are to be found, John???
(Say roughtly: in the sharp or in the blurred area?)

well...i just drove from Atlanta up to Toledo...and currently i'm in between dayton and columbus...should be easy to spot on the globe there...(its a globe by the way)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back