Old Photo Booth Pictures

Pallie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the photo booths from the 1940's. I think they were quite popular in those days.
Would it be possible for them to make 5 x7's or even larger? Also, how long did it take to get the pictures back? As I recall from the 60's they were printed out immediately but were small pictures.
The reason I'm asking is because I have some professional looking pictures from that era but there are no photographer's names on them.
Just any information you might know would be helpful. Thanks.

Seems you're asking about two different techniques from two different periods. Proofs from '40s portrait sessions were smallish but not usually photobooth tiny.They rarely had shop/photographer names burned into corner but often had a simple rubber stamp on the back. Early photobooth history here--thank me later:

I collect 30s-50s mugshots but the subjects weren't overly concerned about having a personal copy...

Ok, let me ask it this way. Would a nice 8 x10 taken in the 40's have likely come from a photo booth? Was that possible?

The photos I have are quite professional quality on heavy paper. However, there's no stamp on the back, and no name. Some have numbers written in pencil.
Thanks.

Ok, let me ask it this way. Would a nice 8 x10 taken in the 40's have likely come from a photo booth? Was that possible?

The photos I have are quite professional quality on heavy paper. However, there's no stamp on the back, and no name. Some have numbers written in pencil.
Thanks.
First off, no.
Second, as I said, think you're looking at "proofs" offered to clients to choose a final, retouched portrait. A very common practice.

No, these aren't proofs. Sounds like they have nothing to do with an old photo booth thou.
Thanks for replying.

Was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the photo booths from the 1940's. I think they were quite popular in those days.
Would it be possible for them to make 5 x7's or even larger? Also, how long did it take to get the pictures back? As I recall from the 60's they were printed out immediately but were small pictures.
The reason I'm asking is because I have some professional looking pictures from that era but there are no photographer's names on them.
The reason I'm asking is because I have some professional looking pictures from that era but there are no photographer's names on them 360 entertainment.
trying to use the photo booth but have had no luck when I open the photo booth from the application page it opens with a blank page and all instructions ie take a photo in the file are blanked out any ideas why it will not operate as it should.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back