First Post C&C

mmmboba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have just recently become interested in photography and got myself a Nikon D3000. Below is just a picture outside the airport while I was just playing with my new camera waiting for my gf.

basketballpictures046.jpg

basketballpictures336.jpg

Last edited:
No need to double post, technically this is your second post. Sorry.

It looks to be out of focus, were you using a tripod?

no i just placed my camera on top of my car

The main issue I see is there is alot going on in the picture, the vehicles are unfocused. Its not bad for a new photographer, keep trying, read the forums for tips, and get a tripod for those kind of pictures

no i just placed my camera on top of my car

Well, as a noob myself I don't know much but I do know that your horizon is slanted and not straight.It's not very interesting either. But I understand that you just started (so did I, and I've not done too great either) and just need to work on it. The people here are very helpful and wise. I'm sure they'll give you some great tips to get you off shooting well.

Tip from me, check out this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rum-photo-gallery/123160-tutorial-thread.html

Finally, check out the book Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson Your public library may have it. Amazon has it here: http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They are snapshots. They lack any interest and don't really do ANYTHING for me.

I recommend you read Photography: The Rules of Composition – PictureCorrect

Many people will tell you to pick up a book about exposure, forget the title. But just google the title (I'm sure someone will tell you) with the words online version and there is one. Which will save you some dough. Have fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back