First Post Here

nugentch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kurtnugentphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot a roll of Tri-X last weekend and thought I would make my debut post here. C&C welcome and encouraged!

$005-L.jpg

That's pretty cool. I like the pattern of the barbed wire, and the idea of framing one side with the building but I'm not so sure about the lean it has from the perspective (shooting from what seems to be a lower vantage point). I'm not so sure I'd straighten it though, I kind of like the angle I think it just might have been balanced better if more of the building was showing instead of just the edge.

Nice subject for black and white; I shoot film too and like doing B&W.

Good eyes Curtis. The barbed wire is cool. But not sure about the compo. For me the corner of the building is somewhat intrusive, but the tree in the BG for sure is not helping. My own practice is to isolate the subject from surroundings if they don't help and the top if the tree doesn't work here for me. :D In any case; keep shooting film. :thumbup:

Yeah, i really thought about cropping the building on the right out, but then thought that I'd just throw it up and see what everyone else thought. It pays to have a second (third and fourth) set of eyes! To be honest, I have not noticed the trees. Now that you mention them they're all I see! :D

Well, after looking at your picture some more (after my post)the building corner is fine. It reinforces the feel of enclosure and ad sense to the fence. But the tree ruins the synthetic qualities of the image. IMHO :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back